As of August 31, 2020
The Northwest Arena will reopen for limited activity on August 31, 2020. For the immediate future, the main rink is available only for rentals by groups and individuals planning low contact activities. We hope to offer Skate ‘n Shoot times soon and Backyard Curling starting October 12. For more information, contact Craig Hinderleider, director of operations. Or, call 716-484-2624 between 10am and 4pm, Mon–Fri.
• Masks or face coverings are mandatory upon entry to the Arena, and following guidelines outlined by USA Hockey and U.S. Figure Skating, should be worn at all times, except while on the ice. Coaches and other support personnel should wear cloth masks at all times. This will protect you, visitors and staff.
• Make sure no one in your group has a fever, cough or other symptoms of COVID-19.
• One (1) parent or guardian is allowed to accompany each skater (We encourage you to subscribe to LiveBarn (www.livebarn.com) to watch games and practices live and on demand. Use promo code 5f27-2psd to save 10% on your subscription.)
• Leave valuables/personal items at home – there will be no Lost & Found for the foreseeable future.
• Do not bring outside food/beverages into the arena.
• Abide by social distancing protocols and stay at least 6 feet apart.
• Use the hand sanitizers provided at the facility and wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Come dressed for play whenever possible so that you can get on the ice without visiting lockers rooms. Temporary skate tying areas will be located throughout the facility.
• Be prepared to enter and exit the facility no more than 15 minutes before and after skating so that the rink staff may properly clean before the next group arrives.
• Adhere to entrance and exit signs posted throughout the building. This will ensure proper traffic flow and eliminate congregating in the lobby area.
• Spectators must adhere to section seating guidelines.